Google DNS is a public DNS service provided by Google. It provide DNS services faster, safer, secure, and more reliable for all internet users.
The Google Public DNS IP addresses are as follows:
Primary DNS : 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS : 126.96.36.199
OpenDNS is the leading provider of free security and infrastructure services that make the Internet safer through integrated Web content filtering, anti-phishing and DNS.
The Open DNS Public DNS IP addresses are as follows:
Primary DNS : 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS : 184.108.40.206
How to setup Public DNS in your Microsoft Windows PC
DNS settings are specified in the TCP/IP Properties window for the selected network connection.
- Click Start then go the Control Panel.
- Click the Network and Internet, then Network and Sharing Center, then click the Manage network connections.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure the Public DNS.
To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click Local Area Connection, and click Properties.
To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click Wireless Network Connection, and click Properties.
- Select the Networking tab and click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4), and then click Properties.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Public DNS servers: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168 or 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
For more information on Public DNS, check out the Google Public DNS page and OpenDNS